Diet Dangers--Things to Avoid to Lose Weight

Dieting is one of the most challenging behavior modification acts to perform. Unlike quitting smoking, where the smoker can give up cigarettes altogether, the dieter has to eat to live. I can't give up food but I can avoid certain pitfalls. Here's my diet danger watchlist.

* Alcohol. This is my biggest diet killer. I don't drink liquor or beer, just wine. But I probably would have lost twice if I didn't drink it. Alcohol is an appetite stimulant. It makes me hungrier, specifically for salty snacks. Being a sedative, it dulls my senses and keeps me from noticing how much I'm eating. Wine quenches thirst somewhat and makes me forget to drink water. Wine makes me feel tired, sleep badly and avoid exercising.
  Diet Dangers--Things to Avoid to Lose Weight